The User Experience Professionals’ Association has created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to privacy. The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for its conference web site – uxpa2016.org, and its parent web site – uxpa.org.
Use of IP Address and Cookies
- Your IP address is used to help identify you and your shopping cart.
- The association membership forms require users to give us contact information (like their name and email address) and financial information (like their account or credit card numbers) when registering for membership, a conference, or when purchasing a product. Our site is PCI compliant.
- Visitor’s contact information is used to contact the visitors when necessary.
- UXPA does not rent, sell, or give away email addresses, telephone numbers, or fax numbers for members or visitors.
- Personal and financial information collected for conference registration or for purchase of products and services will not be sold or rented in any form. Financial information that is collected is used solely to charge for conference registration, or to bill the user for products and services.
- We use Google Analytics on this website. Google analytics may overlay Google Analytics for Display Advertising Data on top of the standard usage data. Using the Ads Settings, visitors can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising.
- Our online surveys ask visitors for contact information (like their email address) and demographic information (like their zip code, age, or income level). Personal information from surveys will not be shared with anyone. Contact information from a survey will be used only to answer direct questions or respond to complaints. Most surveys are anonymous, and contact information is always optional.
Links to Other Sites
- This site contains links to other sites. The User Experience Professionals’ Association is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.
- This site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. Online access to membership records, including employment and address information, is available to UXPA members only, and is password-protected. Credit card and financial account information is never stored on the UXPA site, even briefly during transactions.
- Physical and network access to our web server is handled by Firehost a responsible and respected internet provider.
- Shopping services are provided through Drupal Ubercart which handles shopping-related information directly.
Liability and Disclaimer
- The User Experience Professionals Association (UXPA) provides this website as a service to its members, those interested in the development, communication, and advancement of user experience practices of, and to the public, in furtherance of UXPA’s mission as a 501(c)(6) not-for-profit corporation.
- UXPA is not responsible for, and expressly disclaims all liability for, damages of any kind arising out of use, reference to, or reliance on any information contained within the site. While the information contained within the site is periodically updated, no guarantee is given that the information provided in this website is correct, complete, reliable and up-to-date, and its appearance on the site does not constitute an endorsement by UXPA.
- Although UXPA’s website may include links providing direct access to other Internet resources, including websites, UXPA has not participated in the development of those other sites and does not exert any editorial or other control over those sites. UXPA is not responsible for the accuracy or content of information contained in these sites.
- Links from UXPA to third-party sites do not constitute an endorsement by UXPA of the parties or their products and services. The appearance on the website of advertisements and product or service information does not constitute an endorsement by UXPA, and UXPA has not investigated the claims made by any advertiser. Product information is based solely on material received from suppliers.
- Although unlikely to occur, UXPA also expressly disclaims all liability for any violations, including but not limited to security breaches or privacy violations, committed by any firm which provides online or management services on behalf of the association. Users of the UXPA website agree to hold UXPA harmless for and from any liability for any damages arising out of the use of the online or management services.
- The opinions expressed by contributors to the UXPA websites, or through discussion on the various listservs sponsored by UXPA, are solely those of the individual contributors and do not reflect the opinions of UXPA, its members, Board of Directors and Executive Director, or the individual chapters of UXPA.
- Reference herein to any specific commercial firm, commercial product, process, or service by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, or otherwise, does not constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by UXPA, the members of the UXPA Board of Directors, staff, or the individual chapters of UXPA.
Contacting the Web Site
- If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this Website, you can contact the UXPA office at the address below.
User Experience Professionals’ Association
337 Garden Oaks Blvd, #87037
Houston, Texas 77018
Tel: +1-470-333-UXPA (8972)